The CANPA final approach features a constant-angle descent using the vertical-speed mode or flight path vector with altitude-distance checks. The VDP is the location at the MDA(H) where the aircraft can be flown on approximately a three-degree glide path to the runway.
Information abouts Constant Angle Descent Approaches
- SmartCockpit.com: Constant-Angle Nonprecision Approach
- IFR Magazine: Constant Angle Descent
- Skybrary.aero: Continuous Descent Final Approach (CDFA)
- Darren smith CFII: Performing a Non-Precision CANPA
- YouTube: How to Fly CDFA Technique